When we talk about ride sharing the most common companies that come to mind are Uber and Lyft. A quick search through the internet would yield a lot of sites that compare Uber vs Lyft but those two aren’t just the only ride sharing companies available to us. There are many more others that you might have heard of or haven’t even heard of until now. Below is a list of other ride sharing companies that you might want to give a try if you are tired of all the feuds between the two largest and most popular ride sharing companies.
1. Relay Rides – This is a car sharing marketplace which allows users to post picture or their vehicles and set their own prices. There is also a calendar that helps with the scheduling of use of the car. When someone wants to rent your car, the company will contact the owner. Their service is available in various cities and you can even get the car or drop it off in the airport.
2. Carma – They also have an app that can be used through your phone. They mostly target work trips and their services are found in Austin, Texas.
3. Sidecar – This is another ride sharing company that is trying to battle with the larger Lyft and Uber companies. Contrary to Uber and Lyft, drivers of Sidecar would set the prices themselves and it is usually cheaper than what the two bigger companies have to offer. A pre-requisite is for drivers to have cars that are made in 2000 or later. It currently provides it service to 10 cities in the US.
4. Getaround – This car sharing service is also a rental service and there are also hourly and daily rental rates available. You also make use of your phone to book the car you want to rent out. Those who are not using their cars can also use the app to post their car and get it rented by someone who might need it.
5. Zimride – This company makes use of social network to connect the drivers and passengers who are on their way in the same destination or the same way. You can make your profile online and even fill it up with some of your personal interests such as hobbies or your love for music then offer others to ride with you. Payments are made through PayPal.
6. Car2Go – They are available in cities within North America and in Europe and they require a one-time registration fee of $35. You are to register online and receive a card through mail. The cards give you access to the cars by opening it when you simply stand next to the car with the card in your hand.
7. JustShareIt – This allows you to rent a car within your neighborhood and the rental service is charged per hour. You can rent out vans, RVs, trucks or cars. You should have your license to be able to book a car.